Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM) Information
The RCM is a mark only and covers electrical safety and/or EMC.
- There is no RCM certificate – if a company is trying to sell you one, it is a scam!
- Importers and manufacturers located in Australia and NZ must register to use the RCM.
- The RCM does not apply to commercial or industrial products for electrical safety.
- The electrical safety requirements for using the mark are set out in the Australian Standard AS/NZS 4417.
- Even if a product is outside the scope of the RCM for electrical safety, it might be required to be marked with the RCM for EMC.
- If you have an SAA certificate and you comply with the EMC regulations and all of the provisions of AS/NZS 4417, you can mark the RCM on the product.
- It is impossible for foreign companies to register for RCM and it is not required.
- Foreign manufacturers have their level 3 certificates automatically uploaded to the EESS database when they receive an SAA certificate issued under the RECS. The importer can then link their registration to the certificate.
- If an application is made under RECS for electrical safety, we also upload level 1 and level 2 certificates.
- For more information: www.eess.gov.au.